First official dinner together




(Our dinner was not romantic in nature by any means!  We were just barely acquaintances...kind of!)



So, this was an eye opener to me—I was at my apartment alone and my “friend” (husband, but friend at that time) stopped by to see all of us (my roommates) and discovered I was the only one home.  It was dinner time and I invited him to stay and eat dinner with me.  So, after we cooked the dinner we sat at the table to eat and he looked down at his plate and proceeded to eat…by himself…quietly…  Now, I was used to having some normal dinner conversation at the table…so I started talking to him- I actually asked him why he wasn’t talking.  He had this look on his face (a look of confusion and then realization sunk in) and said it was because he could never understand what his family was saying and so he just was in the habit of eating and leaving the table…as quickly as possible…  BUT, now he had someone he could “talk” to in sign while he was eating dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your very interesting Deaf/Hearing love stories!