Life During Courtship (and even since then)


I have to say I am so glad we became friends first.  I do believe that the friendship part has to be the biggest part of a relationship—a friend like that will still love you, forgive you, help you, try to understand you, grow with you and that is so imperative!
NOW, regardless of what I said about being friends first (and it was a good thing we were!), during our courtship we had many bumps to get over…some minor emotional scrapes and some major open wounds!!! BUT, we loved each other enough to be patient and try to be understanding through miscommunications.  There were, honestly, things that I had to “just let go of” that I felt were never going to get resolved because he just couldn’t see it the way I did.  Perhaps it is from our experiences of being different-deaf and hearing-and having the influence of two different cultures that shaped our ideas and thoughts…and definitely how we see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your very interesting Deaf/Hearing love stories!